Effective date: July 19, 2021
At LogTag®, the security and privacy of your data is of the highest priority.
LogTag North America Inc, in conjunction with its development entity LogTag International Ltd, ("us", "we", or "our") operate a number of websites and applications [the "Service(s)"], both free and paid, to which this Policy applies, including:-
- the company websites https://logtag.com and https://logtagrecorders.com;
- the LogTag® Online environmental monitoring system web application at https://logtagonline.com;
- the LogTag® Online companion smartphone app, available from the Apple or Google App stores ;
- the company support website at https://logtagrecorders.zendesk.com;
- the free companion software application LogTag Analyzer;
- the free notification and reporting software application LogTag® Xpress; and
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Not every type of information is collected from every Service.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will make it obvious for which purpose the information is being collected. We will only use the data for those purposes, or for similar related purposes. If some of the information we seek is optional, we will clearly identify which information you must provide, and that you can omit.
Personal Data may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your email address
- Your first and last name
- Your cell phone number and the cellular company that provides your service
- The name of the company you work for
- Your position in that company
- Your country of residence
- Cookies, tracking and usage data
- Service connection data
We may collect information about your PC, operating system, regional settings, installed browsers and other installed software if you specifically request help from us diagnosing problems with our Service, and improving the Service delivery.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions or all of a particular Service.
Examples of Cookies we use include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
LogTag North America uses the collected data for various purposes including, but not limited to, the following:
- To provide and maintain the Services
- To notify you about changes to our Services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information to us so that we can improve the Services
- To monitor the usage of the Services
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
LogTag North America Inc is a multi-national company and its online data are stored in several locations throughout the world. You agree that we may store Data (including any personal information) in secure servers in one or more overseas territories outside of New Zealand and we may access such Data (including any personal information) from time to time regardless of where such Data is stored.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those within your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
We do not sell any Personal Data collected from you to any third parties.
At our discretion, we may disclose your contact data to one of our distributors for the purposes of providing support, only if you approached us via one of our sales or support Services. We will not use this contact information for any purpose other than the resolution of your specific inquiry.
From time to time, we may be asked by Government Institutes and associated Research Facilities to provide data for the purposes of independent analysis. Where we make such data available we will:
- clearly identify circumstances in which such data may be provided to affected clients;
- clearly identify which data will be provided;
- remove any personally identifiable information, where possible, from such data; and
- enable you to opt out of such a data collection.
LogTag North America Inc may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of LogTag North America Inc
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Retention of Data
We will only retain personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill its intended purpose, unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law or to otherwise fulfill a legal obligation.
You agree that we may store Data (including any personal information) in secure servers in one or more overseas territories and we may access that Data (including any personal information) in these territories and/or New Zealand from time to time.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. We use commercially reasonable efforts to prevent the loss, abuse, and malicious access to the information that we collect. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the contact methods set forth herein.
In the unlikely event that unauthorized access has been obtained to any of your personal data, we will notify you in accordance with applicable law once we have become aware that a breach has taken place.
Choices and Access
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information. We provide you with the opportunity to receive information by email, regular mail or telephone calls from us, or third parties which may be of interest to you, including information relating to new products and services offered on the Service by us, or other third parties. If you do not want to receive any information by email, regular mail or telephone calls, you may opt-out of further communications provided by us at any time by: (i) sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) writing to us at LogTag North America Inc,10 Millpond Drive, Unit 10, Lafayette, New Jersey NJ 07848, United States of America. Please note that we can only comply with requests relating to email, regular mail or telephone communications provided by us. If you no longer wish to receive further information by email, regular mail or telephone from any third party, you will need to contact such third party directly to opt-out of further communications being provided to you. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
If applicable, and you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via this Service, please contact us. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
It is your responsibility to provide us with accurate personal information. Except as otherwise set forth in this Policy, we shall only use personal information in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by you. To the extent necessary for these purposes, we shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current and relevant to its intended use.
Your Rights Over Your Information
By law, you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include the following:
- fair processing of your personal information and transparency over how we use your personal information;
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you, in certain situations;
- receive the personal information concerning you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and have the right to transmit that information to a third party, in certain situations;
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means that produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you; and
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email, call, or write to us with the following: (1) enough information to identify you; (2) proof of your identity and address; and (3) the information to which your request relates.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”) grants users of our Service that are California residents certain rights in regards to our collection of personal information. These rights include:
- The right to request the disclosures of (1) what personal information has been collected; (2) the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected; (3) the business or commercial purpose for collection or selling personal information; (4) the categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information; and (5) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected;
- The right to request the deletion of their personal information that has been collected; and
- The right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information.
Under the CCPA, a data subject may only make a personal information request twice in a 12-month period. We will respond to such personal information request within 45 days of receiving the personal information request.
Additionally, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and address of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by calling +64 (0)9 448 2311.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights as described herein, you may submit a verifiable consumer request to us (as described above) by either contacting us via the contact methods provided in the CONTACTING US section below or by visiting https://logtagrecorders.com/support/submit-request/. We will not discriminate in any way against any users of the Service that exercise their rights provided by law.
Your Right to Complain
If you have a complaint as to our use of your information, you may file a complaint with us, the California Attorney General, any other governmental agency, and/or a judicial body.
A complaint may be submitted directly to us by utilizing the contact information contained in this Policy.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Twilio and WhatsApp
We use third party provider Twilio to deliver Email and Text messages in relation to our Services. For some clients, we also offer the use of WhatsApp as a convenient replacement for text messaging.
If you do not wish to use either of these third-party providers, please disable any notification services on your account.
You may ask us to store credentials for accessing third-party services on your computer. We use these credentials to allow you to seamlessly transfer data generated by our services to third-party service information storage and communication providers. In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect and use your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. We still recommend you read their respective privacy policies. Third-party services include, but are not limited to:
- Connection to online services such as SMTP servers, FTP servers or proxy servers
- Security certificates for the purposes of connecting to SFTP servers
- Wireless network access details and passwords (in encrypted form) for your local network
- Cellular service providers and their respective email-to-text services
- App store providers
We will only store those data if you or an authorized representative of yours have explicitly requested their use. Where such data are not already encrypted, we will encrypt them before storing them. You will be able to revoke the use of such data by simply removing the affected data, or by withdrawing your permission directly with the third-party service. LogTag North America Inc will take all reasonable steps to make sure no data are stored once you have explicitly deleted them from the Service.
LogTag North America Inc will never use such stored data for any purposes other than specifically agreed to when setting up the service. LogTag North America Inc will also never share such information other than detailed in "Transfer of Data".
You acknowledge and agree that:
- we may use Data and information about your use of the Service to generate anonymized and aggregated statistical and analytical data (“Analytical Data”), and use such Analytical Data for our internal research and product development purposes and to conduct statistical analysis and identify trends and insights;
- we may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service;
- our rights under this clause will survive termination of expiry of the Agreement; and
- title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, Analytical Data is and remains our property.
You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent Data contains personal information, in collecting, holding and processing that information through the Service, we are acting as your agent for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1993 and any other applicable privacy Law. You must obtain all necessary consents from the relevant individual(s) to enable us to collect, use, hold and process that information in accordance with these Terms.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on Google's policies please visit the dedicated Google web page at https://policies.google.com/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: +64 (0)9 448 2311
- By mail: LogTag North America Inc,10 Millpond Drive, Unit 10, Lafayette, New Jersey NJ 07848, United States of America
Document last updated: July 19, 2021